Saturday, March 19, 2011

Can't Sleep

Can't sleep, maybe it's the caffeine that my body is no longer used to or maybe it's that my week long vacation from work is at its end? Either way for some reason I cannot sleep. I feel as if my mind is splintering. I once knew what Heaven and Hell was, right and wrong, and what one(possibly God?) should expect of us as human beings, but now it seems to me that I have forgotten. When asked the other day what I thought about right and wrong I could not give my own answer and ran circles around the question. I once thought I knew the criteria by which to judge myself and others by, but I do not. My views have been skewered by unknown factors and possibly experiences- which ones I do not know. Do we simply play by society's rules and assume that the law is just? I can't even assume society is right; society has so many inane ideas and ridiculous norms currently in place that I simply refuse to accept anything society has as right or just. Does the church as an establishment have the right ideas? Again no, just look at the church's history, Catholic in particular, it has bred more corruption and defilement than it has stopped. Heaven or Hell, reward or punishment? Setting aside the possibility of their existences, or rather lack of, would I really fit in either one, and by which criteria would I be judged? I don't know at the moment, but the more I ramble incessantly about the topic, it seems the less I actually care. I almost wanted to end this with "God forgive me" but am finding out that I can't.

No comments:

Post a Comment